Thursday, June 12, 2008

LAST DAY!!!!!!

Today is my dear Gracie's last day of Kindergarten. Remember way back in September when I was saying wow what do I do with all of this time that I now have? I am shocked that I even said that! I don't have time now. I have Q here who keeps me super busy and a ton of this and that to do with my scrapbooking sandwiched in between. My poor house is covered in scrapbook stuff right now....well any flat surface above the height of my little man. So that includes the kitchen table, and the counter space next to it. I so badly wanted to get it all spic and span before little miss muffet comes home from school for the summer. But.....life got in the way and I started making teacher gifts, doing Tupperware parties, hanging with my Q outside, and scrapbooking like a mad woman.

Then....

THEN.......

Yeah whats my life without a crazy story.......

Q ate a pistachio.

He is Allergic! We of course did not know that until he ate it and preceded to cough, get red, throw up, and get really really swollen. I decided that it was time to go to the ER. I swiftly buckled him in his car seat and off I went. As soon as I hopped on the express way. He started to drift off to sleep. As a women with a peanut allergy herself I KNEW this is NOT good! So I start to go......oh you know 95 miles an hour. I am singing really loud, making noises, and doing anything I can to keep him awake. I whip my minivan into the ER parking space all funky. I jump out of my seat and grab Q running into the ER. I see that they are slammed with patients! There was not an empty seat in the room. I was overwhelmed and I yelled. He's Allergic! Yeah I know I just could not form any other words then that at the time. So their nurse rushes over and checks him out. Within seconds we are in a room surrounded by 2 doctors and 3 nurses. He was hooked up to a pulse-ox machine, a heart monitor, and oxygen all while a nurse is administering an epi-pen. At this time I can see the pulse ox says he is at 89 (not good-that means he is only at 89% of the oxygen that he needs) and his heart rate is at 200! Yeah total freak out going on in my brain., But on the surface I remained calm. Within a few minutes he seemed to get a little better and then slowly things started to go down to normal. But....yeah there is a but, when they administer an epi-pen you have to stay there for 6 hours! That's right....6! So we were there parked in the ER until 3am. Yippee. I instantly said oh that's cool..lead me to the coffee. So my Mom had just arrived to help me out and sat with the little man while I went and got a large cup of coffee. Soon after my mom left I was able to get Q down to sleep. It was about 11pm. Nothing was on TV except Access Hollywood. I just sat there with him on my lap and dozed off around midnight in a super awful hard chair. FUN!!!!! Let me tell you that was a crazy night. I didn't even really hit me until the next morning when I was standing in the bathroom....Did that really just happen??????No? Oh yeah now I see the bags under my eyes. Here I come Starbucks get out the double shot for me today.

No comments: