Tuesday, August 28, 2007



Tonight was all about my fab. 5 year old. We had her school orientation. It was all very overwhelming for me but a good overwhelming. Gracie seemed to really enjoy it and loved meeting her new teacher Mrs. Stein. Although she still wants to take Miss Lohrey with her from her 4k class. She jumped right in playing with the other children when the meeting portion was over. What a delight it was to see her not being shy and going right along with the others. I guess I don't need to worry about her making friends.

The other day Gracie and I had a conversation about what makes us think of each other. I said things like Disney Princesses and anything pink and here is what she said about me:

Croc's-"whenever I see someone wearing Croc's I always think of you because you always wear them" (She is right I do wear them almost every day. It's almost weird when I don't wear them)

Frozen Coke-"I know you love those Mom" (I think I stop to get one of these at least 4 times a week.)

People Taking Pictures-"You always do that"( I was the only mom in the class to take a picture of her on orientation day...need I say more)

Big Sunglasses-"You look so cute in them Mommy and you always have them on your head" (Confession- I feel naked without them)

So my little 5 year old knows me very well. I think this list almost says more about her then it does about me. She is observant and even complimented me a few times in there. What a little sweetie!

No comments: