Friday, December 18, 2009

A Whole lot of stuff goin' on!
December Daily Day 12


Wow! It's a busy day. We started our day out with some household construction. Q was so thrilled that he could use the hammer and "do his work" It sure does feel nice to have a door! Who would have thought something as simple as a door could make a woman so happy.

While Q was napping Gracie was outside playing in the snow. I would pop out to check on her and her friend here and there. At one point I saw them molding snow into add shapes. I thought nothing of it and just went about my business. The next time I went out I found them holding these oddly molded pieces. I finally decided to ask what on earth they were. Snow babies! How clever of them to pretend these pieces of snow were little babies. It gave me a good laugh and a great reason to go grab my camera!


Int he evening Gracie had a performance with Milwaukee Childrens Choir singing Christmas carols while people waited in line to take a ride on the Jingle Bus ( For those of you who are unaware: The Jingle Bus is a guided tour through downtown Milwaukee stopping at all the holiday light displays) We opted out of that portion of the event and decided to have our own version of the Jingle Bus...the Jingle Cadillac (AKA the Jingle Cadi) We decided to just drive though on our own. We got out at cathedral Square and walk through the display they had there. It was a good time and Gracie really seemed to enjoy it!


After all that was done I headed to the Scrapbook Store for our annual Christmas Party. I think I had tried to get way to much done in one day and ended up leaving within an hour of getting there because I just wasn't feeling well. I guess I have learned the hard way to not plan to much in one day. I of course went home and fell right asleep.

1 comment:

AnnaMarie said...

Oh, sad I missed the Christmas party. Sorry you missed most of it, too! Great posts. I love the nail polish on the layout, and on the girl. Katie spilled nail polish on her grandparents' floor today! Yikes! It took a lot of elbow grease and every household product in the house to get it out. For future reference, Goo Gone worked pretty well, as did Windex. No joke. :)